Reasons to invest in SEO
Most businesses now accept that in our digital age, a decent website is a must. No arguments there. However, for many that’s where it stops.
It seems that a worrying number of businesses appear to believe the old adage, ‘If you build it they will come’. Did you know, this common saying is actually a mis-quote from the classic film Field of Dreams, where the actual line is “If you build it, he will come”? Apt indeed, as the singular ‘he’ is probably much closer to the number of web visitors a business can expect from taking the ‘do nothing’ approach.
So, allow me to dispel the myth once and for all. If you have a website and do nothing to promote it, ‘they’ most certainly won’t come.
Here are 5 reasons why every business needs to invest in SEO:
- Customers research online before making a purchase – research has shown that 80-90% of all customers check online before making a purchase and over 71% of the resulting clicks happen on page 1 of a Google search. Quite simply, the Internet is the first place consumers turn when considering purchasing a product or service and if your business isn’t featured on the first page it won’t be seen.
- Your competitors are doing it – If you’re not moving forward and improving your position, you’re losing ground to a competitor who is.
- It is cost-effective – Compared to the costs associated with other forms of online marketing such as PPC advertising, social media marketing, or purchasing leads for an email marketing campaign an investment in SEO provides a solid ROI. Although other initiatives may drive more revenue and social media is more important for your brand image, organic SEO remains a vital component of your online presence.
- SEO requires less internal resource than other inbound techniques - Social media and email marketing are both highly effective channels for generating leads, but both require some degree of continual effort. However, the benefit of commissioning an SEO service – an activity you would generally outsource, you can potentially sit back while your site climbs the rankings and generates new leads.
- Generates highly targeted traffic – Many forms of advertising can be very hit or miss. SEO changes that. Someone searching for your keyword knows exactly what they want, and they are much more likely to convert from visitors into customers.
Rapport Digital offers an affordable SEO service for businesses of all sizes. Why not call us today to find out how an effective SEO strategy could work for you?